Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sometimes We Forget...

They've joked that we all live in a bubble.
I don't know how, but I haven't thought about September 11th in a week. Remember what happened there?
That was the last time I was scared. I talked about it. I told my Mom I was scared. How could it happen?
People now make jokes about it. Who could make a joke about that? I understand jokes about serious things sometimes. We all make jokes to try and ease the pain. It makes life a little easier to know that we don't have to take it so seriously. But this is serious. Do we have any idea, living in Utah, or Idaho, most of California or where ever we might remain unaffected by nature, or terrorism, or drug violence what is going on right now? It's all happening in the south right now.
I hadn't thought about September 11th until today, when I read about Hurricane Katrina. It basically destroyed New Orleans. It washed away hundreds of people. It killed maybe well over a thousand. People won't be able to live there for a few months. This happened in the United States.
I guess it's healthy to go on living our lives.
I don't know how we could ever not think about something like this though.

No comments: